"My research for each painting entails talking to the elders of my community, many of whom are over 90 years old. They are full of the rich Mayan history of our people. As we speak together in our native Tz'utujil dialect, their words are like colors which are transformed into stories on my canvas. Because the history of our culture is disappearing, this is my way of saving and sharing our way of life. It is also our vehicle to create a better future for our people."
the richness of mayan history, life and culture painted on hand woven cotton.
LEARNE TRADITIONAL TECHNIQUES OF PAINTIGS WITH BENEDICTO MAYAN ARTIST. lESSON WILL BE AT THE ARTIST'S STUDIO.
ARTS THAT SUPPORT OTHERS, WHEN YOU BUY A PAINTIGS YOU GENERATE OPPORTUNITY TO OTHERS IN THE COMMUNITY.
* Sept 16- Oct 28 2018 / Cloister Gallery Portlan, 1624 NE Hancock St. Portlan OREGON
* Nov 2 - 3 2018 / Jubilee International Market, Spokane WA
* Nov 4 2018 / Art Class, Spokane WA
* Nov 7 2018 / Santa Fe Prep School, Santa Fe NM
* Nov 14 2018 Telluride CO.